CT Education Academy Program Features
The CT Education Academy is a State of Connecticut educational environment which provides an anywhere, anytime online “university” approach to workforce training. The three main objectives of the system are to provide: a centralized, online vehicle for the Department of Administrative Services (DAS) to deliver state mandated workforce training; a vehicle for the state workforce to take advantage of professional development opportunities in a flexible online environment; and a vehicle for state agencies to deliver interactive online training to their state constituents.
- Alignment with the Governor’s Key Priorities, specifically to meet the strategic priority of increasing employee efficiency and productivity.
- Centralized training delivery and longitudinal reporting system
- Reduction in agency costs in supporting in-person training efforts (staff, consultant, facility, materials, and travel costs)
- Reduction in agency costs in staff training (mileage, time out of the office)
- Reduction in agency duplication (multiple versions of same content)
- Consistency in content and delivery for effective training
- Increased access to professional development opportunities (anytime, anywhere)
- Increased access to state mandated training (DAS)
- Increased training efficiency (learning outcomes based assessment training)
- Increased access for the disabled workforce (ADA/508 accessible)
The CT Education Academy features an administrative system for all user, course and enrollment management functions as well as a seamless connection to the Blackboard Learn© course delivery system for all online coursework.
- Unlimited parent/child organizational relationships, allowing an agency to accommodate bureaus, divisions, and various locations
- Easy batch user creation
- In-person, online, and blended course delivery options
- Catalog availability (state-wide, agency only, invite only)
- Enrollment options (start/end date, days to complete, waitlist)
- Learner self-enrollment options
- Grouping (enrollment, reporting, etc)
- Reporting on completion, compliance, roster reconciliation and more.
- Digital course certificates
- Blackboard Learn © course delivery system
- 508/ADA accessibility standards
Copyright © 2019 Connecticut Education Academy. All rights reserved. The Connecticut Distance Learning Consortium 85 Alumni Road, Newington CT 06111